Cutting Board Care Instructions *
- Rinse before 1st use with warm soapy water.
- Rinse board with warm soapy water after each use.
- Use a towel to dry board after use, do not let water stand on the board
- Do not submerge in water for any length of time.
- Not dishwasher safe (washing or drying)
After some use, the wood in the cutting board will appear dull. Apply mineral oil or butcher block conditioner to refresh appearance of the wood. This is also beneficial in helping seal the wood.
To apply mineral oil or butcher block conditioner, put oil or conditioner on the board and let it set for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, wipe up any access that has not soaked into the board. Wait 1 day, then rinse and dry board. Your board will then be ready for use again.
If you have noticeable knife marks, you can lightly sand before applying the oil. Make sure to wipe away any dust from sanding before you apply the mineral oil or butcher block conditioner.
* These cutting board care instructions apply to cutting boards made by me, dlgWoodWork. Food safety and care of your cutting board rests on you. Use these instructions as a guideline for keeping your cutting board safe and looking great. If you ever have any questions, please use the contact form to contact me. Click here to open Contact Me form in a new page/tab